Announcing I am IRON MAN 2: Augmented Reality Experience. This innovative application not only utilizes facial tracking for markerless AR but also incorporates gesture recognition, enabling you to control elements of the user interface by moving your hand in front of your webcam.
From PPC Interactive:
For this year’s early summer blockbuster, ‘IRON MAN 2’ we have delivered an Augmented Reality campaign allowing users to see themselves wearing the Iron Man and War Machine masks. We delivered a similar campaign for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen but took this opportunity to really extend the technology.
As a result IAmIronMan2.com also allows users to see the HUD view that Tony has when he is Iron Man plus have a conversation with Jarvis using quotes from the movie.
But most importantly, as we live in an embeddable, shareable world, we wanted to make sure user could easily record and share themselves as Iron Man so we integrated the tech to ensure the whole experience can now be recorded and saved to social networks or to their own computer.
Watch the video above, or visit IAmIronMan2.com to try it for yourself.
CLIENT: Paramount Pictures International
- Marvel: “Iron Man 2: Get Inside Iron Man’s Head!”
- Mashable: “Augmented Reality Lets You Become “Iron Man””
- Gizmodo: “Be Iron Man (In Your Computer Monitor)”
- Times Online: “Exclusive clip: Iron Man 2”
- Geekosystem: “Iron Man Augmented Reality App: Come for the Helmet, Stay for the HUD”
- Tech Digest: “Try on Iron Man’s helmet with new augmented reality app”
- Ubergizmo: “Turn Yourself Into Iron Man Via Augmented Reality”
- Geeky Gadgets: “Turn Yourself Into Iron Man With This Augmented Reality App”
- VizWorld.com: “Iron Man 2 Augmented Reality Experience”
- Rama’s Screen: “Get inside the head of IRON MAN: Augmented Reality App”
- The Movie Bit: “Iron Man 2 A.Reality”
- Fashionably Geek: “Suit Up As Iron Man…Virtually”
- Multiversity Comics: “Get Inside The Head Of Iron Man”
- TOYSREVIL: “Get Inside The Head of Iron Man with *I Am Iron Man 2* (Augmented Reality App)”
- Screen Rant: “Final ‘Iron Man 2′ Viral Site & Interactive Webcam Game”
- Augmented Planet: “I Am Iron Man – AR Demo”
- Bleeding Cool: “The Iron Man Augmented Reality Unit Launched”
- GeekTyrant: “New IRON MAN 2 Featurette Focuses on Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow and More IM2 Goodies”
- Pocket-lint: “Augmented reality visor revealed by Tony Stark”
- MovieViral: “Iron Man 2 Tidbits: Viral Video Could Become Trailer, Rochester Castle Projection, & Augmented Reality App”
- ComicsAlliance: “You am Iron Man With the ‘Iron Man 2: Augmented Reality Experience'”
- Digital Buzz Blog: “Iron Man 2: Augmented Reality App”
- Whiteboard Journal: “Augment your reality with Iron Man 2”
- Comic Vine: “IRON MAN 2 Apps and Virals Galore!”
- The Awesomer: “Iron Man 2 Augmented Reality”