On March 6, 2009, the cover wrap of Metro, the UK’s only urban national newspaper, was incarnated as The New Frontiersman, the right-wing extremist publication from WATCHMEN.
World In Focus: 6 Minutes to Midnight
An episode of late night UK current affairs review World In Focus aired in October 1985, in which photo-journalist Alain Guillon and author Hal Eisner discuss the emerging geopolitical crisis with presenter Jeremy Miller.
The recording purports to have originated from the Veidt Industries video archive. It details its source as ‘KARNAK’ the significance of which is unclear.
These are the final releases from The New Frontiersman, part of the WATCHMEN campaign I am honored to have worked on with The Picture Production Company. Dan Light, head of Interactive at The PPC, wrote an excellent retrospective of the campaign that is an absolute must-read. Thanks, Dan, for inviting me to collaborate with your talented team. It’s truly been an incredible experience. ≠)
- johnhiggs.com: “Metro is the New Frontiersman”
- Comic Impact: “London’s Metro Newspaper Promotes Watchmen”
- Current: “Watchmen – World In Focus: 6 Minutes to Midnight”
- TV Guide: “Current: “Watchmen: World In Focus: 6 Minutes to Midnight”
- /Film: “Watchmen Videos: Opening Credits, Societal Parallels, World In Focus and Anatomy of a Scene”
- Trailer Addict: “Watchmen World In Focus: 6 Minutes to Midnight”
- Comic Book Movie: “World In Focus: 6 Minutes to Midnight”
- about that watchmen movie: “WORLD IN FOCUS: 6 MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT”
- LeBuzz: “Dernière vidéo virale de Watchmen (Snif!)”
Official machinima promo commissioned by Paramount Pictures International and The Picture Production Company, featuring WATCHMEN virtual goods now available in Sony PlayStation® Home.
Machinima directed and produced by Annie Ok
WATCHMEN brought to Sony PlayStation® Home by Paramount Pictures International and The Picture Production Company
WATCHMEN movie footage and score courtesy of Paramount Pictures and Warner Bros. Pictures
WATCHMEN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © DC Comics. Motion Picture Artwork and Photography © 2009 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., Paramount Pictures Corporation and Legendary Pictures. All Rights Reserved.
PlayStation and PlayStation Home are trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.