Announcing WE ARE AUTOBOTS – Transformers Augmented Reality.
From the official press release:
To promote the international release of TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN, Paramount Pictures International (PPI) is making ground-breaking use of augmented reality (AR) and face tracking technology to give Transformers fans the opportunity to picture themselves with the original 3D CGI head of legendary Autobot leader Optimus Prime.
Visitors to ‘We Are Autobots’ (http://www.weareautobots.com) can also find a hidden message from Bumblebee featuring an exclusive montage of Decepticon footage from the new movie. TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN is released in the UK and Ireland on June 19th and internationally on June 24th 2009.
‘We Are Autobots’ has been developed using the original 3D models of Optimus Prime and Bumblebee that appear in the film. It was developed for PPI by creative marketing agency Picture Production Company (PPC), working in conjunction with augmented reality specialists Total Immersion.
- /Film: “Paramount Launches Augmented Reality Website To Promote Transformers 2″
- Gizmodo: “You Too Can Wear the Head of Optimus Prime (in Augmented Reality, Of Course)”
- TheTransformers.net: “We Are Autobots.com launched to promote Transformers 2″
- FirstShowing.net: “Check This Out: Transformers 2 Augmented Reality Promo”
- Creativity Online: “Augmented Reality in Mobile and Gaming”
- Creativity Online: “Transformers: We Are Autobots”
- New Media Age: “Paramount runs major marketing campaign across digital platforms for Transformers”
- CNET Asia: “Augment your reality and be a Transformer”
- Idea IS the format: “Autobots? We are, for now at least”
- I Watch Stuff: “Finally, You Can Have Optimus Prime’s Head on Your Body”
- JasonTheodor.com : “Get Primed: Transform Yourself Into Optimus”
- Digital Buzz Blog: “Transformers Launches Augmented Reality App”
- Games Alfresco: “Transform to Optimus Prime”
- Toxel.com: “Transformers Augmented Reality”