Announcing WE ARE AUTOBOTS – Transformers Augmented Reality.
From the official press release:
To promote the international release of TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN, Paramount Pictures International (PPI) is making ground-breaking use of augmented reality (AR) and face tracking technology to give Transformers fans the opportunity to picture themselves with the original 3D CGI head of legendary Autobot leader Optimus Prime.
Visitors to ‘We Are Autobots’ (http://www.weareautobots.com) can also find a hidden message from Bumblebee featuring an exclusive montage of Decepticon footage from the new movie. TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN is released in the UK and Ireland on June 19th and internationally on June 24th 2009.
‘We Are Autobots’ has been developed using the original 3D models of Optimus Prime and Bumblebee that appear in the film. It was developed for PPI by creative marketing agency Picture Production Company (PPC), working in conjunction with augmented reality specialists Total Immersion.
- /Film: “Paramount Launches Augmented Reality Website To Promote Transformers 2”
- Gizmodo: “You Too Can Wear the Head of Optimus Prime (in Augmented Reality, Of Course)”
- TheTransformers.net: “We Are Autobots.com launched to promote Transformers 2”
- FirstShowing.net: “Check This Out: Transformers 2 Augmented Reality Promo”
- Creativity Online: “Augmented Reality in Mobile and Gaming”
- Creativity Online: “Transformers: We Are Autobots”
- New Media Age: “Paramount runs major marketing campaign across digital platforms for Transformers”
- CNET Asia: “Augment your reality and be a Transformer”
- Idea IS the format: “Autobots? We are, for now at least”
- I Watch Stuff: “Finally, You Can Have Optimus Prime’s Head on Your Body”
- JasonTheodor.com : “Get Primed: Transform Yourself Into Optimus”
- Digital Buzz Blog: “Transformers Launches Augmented Reality App”
- Games Alfresco: “Transform to Optimus Prime”
- Toxel.com: “Transformers Augmented Reality”
Announcing TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN in Sony PlayStation Home.
From the official press release:
To promote the release of TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN, Paramount Pictures International (PPI) and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced the release of a selection of Transformers merchandise, available exclusively through a virtual treasure hunt in Home.
A variety of T-Shirts and a unique ‘Autobot Trophy’ will be rewarded to residents who embark on the ‘Transformers Quest’. This activity continues PPI’s commitment to take innovative film marketing within online virtual communities to the next level. TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN, directed by Michael Bay, is due to release internationally on June 24th this year.
Starting today, Home residents can begin the quest by finding the Transformers theatrical poster, placed at a few points throughout the public spaces in Home. Another will succeed this poster and targeting it will launch the first in a series of games that will be released over the coming days and weeks. The completion of each game will deliver a unique voucher code, which can be redeemed for an exclusive piece of Transformers merchandise. More information about the game can be found on the PlayStation EU Forum.
Home residents can already watch the TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN trailer in the Home Cinema and this treasure hunt will take Transformers to all corners of PlayStation Home.
Both companies are again working with marketing agency, The Picture Production Company (PPC), heavily experienced in film promotion and marketing within virtual worlds and across the wider social web, on strategic direction, original content production and promotion.
Home is a 3D social gaming community that allows PLAYSTATION®3 users to meet, chat, plan, and launch into games together. They can create their own custom avatar, decorate their personal apartment, play mini-games, shop, watch videos and attend special events.
- TheSixthAxis: “Transformers in Home”
- PlayStation Lifestyle: “Transform PlayStation Home”
- N4G: “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen – Treasure Hunt”
- TheTransformers.net: “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Enterting Playstation Home”
- TFormers: “Attention UK Fans – Play Revenge Treasure Hunt On Playstation Home, Win Prizes”