Announcing a new IRON MAN 2 mini-game in Sony Playstation Home. Play for a chance to win one of 10 exclusive limited edition IRON MAN armored suits.
From PPC Interactive:
On Thursday Paramount Pictures International and AUDI AG will be launching a brand new Iron Man mini-game located in the Audi Space. As the first in-world game ever made for a film in Home, this is definitely worth your time to visit!
You will have the chance to throw on the Iron Man suit and pilot your way through a tricky skyscraper obstacle course, picking up arc reactors and dodging the mines to power your way onto the leaderboard.
If you make the leaderboard, then do your best to stay on it; the Top 10 scorers (when the game closes at the end of June 2010) will be rewarded with an Iron Man suit to keep. Do you have the raw talent – or sheer dedication – to prove that you have what it takes to wear the Iron Man suit?
- SCEE PlayStation Blog: “Iron Man Flying Game Coming To PlayStation Home On Thursday”
- Kotaku: “Don The Iron Man 2 Armor In PlayStation Home”
- Joystiq: “Become Iron Man with new flying game on PlayStation Home”
- Edge Online: “Iron Man 2 Coming To PlayStation Home”
- CVG: “Iron Man 2 hits Home”
- AlphaZone4: “Iron Man 2 Flying game in PlayStation Home this week”
- PSX Extreme: “Iron Man Mini-Game Flies Onto Euro PSN This Week”
- ComicsAlliance: “‘Iron Man 2’ Games Come To iTunes & Europe’s PlayStation Home”
- PlayStation LifeStyle: “Iron Man 2 Blasting into Home”
- PlayStation Universe: “PS Home getting Iron Man 2 mini-game this week”
- Movie Buzz: “Iron Man 2 Games, Jonah Hex, Thor & More!”
Announcing I am IRON MAN 2: Augmented Reality Experience. This innovative application not only utilizes facial tracking for markerless AR but also incorporates gesture recognition, enabling you to control elements of the user interface by moving your hand in front of your webcam.
From PPC Interactive:
For this year’s early summer blockbuster, ‘IRON MAN 2’ we have delivered an Augmented Reality campaign allowing users to see themselves wearing the Iron Man and War Machine masks. We delivered a similar campaign for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen but took this opportunity to really extend the technology.
As a result IAmIronMan2.com also allows users to see the HUD view that Tony has when he is Iron Man plus have a conversation with Jarvis using quotes from the movie.
But most importantly, as we live in an embeddable, shareable world, we wanted to make sure user could easily record and share themselves as Iron Man so we integrated the tech to ensure the whole experience can now be recorded and saved to social networks or to their own computer.
Watch the video above, or visit IAmIronMan2.com to try it for yourself.
- Marvel: “Iron Man 2: Get Inside Iron Man’s Head!”
- Mashable: “Augmented Reality Lets You Become “Iron Man””
- Gizmodo: “Be Iron Man (In Your Computer Monitor)”
- Times Online: “Exclusive clip: Iron Man 2”
- Geekosystem: “Iron Man Augmented Reality App: Come for the Helmet, Stay for the HUD”
- Tech Digest: “Try on Iron Man’s helmet with new augmented reality app”
- Ubergizmo: “Turn Yourself Into Iron Man Via Augmented Reality”
- Geeky Gadgets: “Turn Yourself Into Iron Man With This Augmented Reality App”
- VizWorld.com: “Iron Man 2 Augmented Reality Experience”
- Rama’s Screen: “Get inside the head of IRON MAN: Augmented Reality App”
- The Movie Bit: “Iron Man 2 A.Reality”
- Fashionably Geek: “Suit Up As Iron Man…Virtually”
- Multiversity Comics: “Get Inside The Head Of Iron Man”
- TOYSREVIL: “Get Inside The Head of Iron Man with *I Am Iron Man 2* (Augmented Reality App)”
- Screen Rant: “Final ‘Iron Man 2′ Viral Site & Interactive Webcam Game”
- Augmented Planet: “I Am Iron Man – AR Demo”
- Bleeding Cool: “The Iron Man Augmented Reality Unit Launched”
- GeekTyrant: “New IRON MAN 2 Featurette Focuses on Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow and More IM2 Goodies”
- Pocket-lint: “Augmented reality visor revealed by Tony Stark”
- MovieViral: “Iron Man 2 Tidbits: Viral Video Could Become Trailer, Rochester Castle Projection, & Augmented Reality App”
- ComicsAlliance: “You am Iron Man With the ‘Iron Man 2: Augmented Reality Experience'”
- Digital Buzz Blog: “Iron Man 2: Augmented Reality App”
- Whiteboard Journal: “Augment your reality with Iron Man 2”
- Comic Vine: “IRON MAN 2 Apps and Virals Galore!”
- The Awesomer: “Iron Man 2 Augmented Reality”
As part of Stark Expo 2010, announcements were made by three subsidiaries of Stark Industries: AccuTech, Cordco, and Fujikawa.
ACCUTECH: A SUBSIDIARY OF STARK INDUSTRIES UNVEILS PROTOTYPE ‘HAZTECH’ ARM – FULL EXOSKELETON TO DEBUT AT STARK EXPO 2010 –
AccuTech: a subsidiary of Stark Industries has today given us a glimpse of the latest breakthrough in anthropo-robotics – the ‘HazTech Exoskeleton’.
Using revolutionary hyper-sensors and nano-hydraulic technology, the exoskeleton is able to detect and amplify body movement. Covering over 80% of the human body, it also protects its wearer from high impact and extreme temperatures.
In a video released today at www.starkexpo2010.com/accutech a prototype arm is shown in action, with the full exoskeleton due to be unveiled next month at the hotly anticipated Stark Expo 2010.
Charles Healey, CEO commented: “Putting aside the obvious commercial applications of HazTech, our priority is to unlock its humanitarian potential. By better protecting the lives of peacekeepers and emergency rescue teams, we can help them save the lives of others.”
Cordco demonstrated their most recent development: the Sonic Fire Extinguisher.
Fujikawa revealed their wearable augmented reality technology: Stark HUD 2020.
Announcing IRON MAN 2 in Sony PlayStation Home.
From PPC Interactive:
As many of you will have seen, the Iron Man 2 campaign kicked off in Playstation Home last week. (A special well done to the few of you that picked up something was coming from a little mention on the Official Iron Man 2 Fankit a couple of weeks ago!)
From SCEE PlayStation Blog:
Last Thursday the Audi Home Terminal in PlayStation Home updated with new Iron Man 2 terminals, where you can access a ten question quiz about the Iron Man 2 trailer. That was just the warm-up; we’re excited to announce that these terminals will soon become your entry point into an upcoming competition to meet Iron Man 2 director Jon Favreau in PlayStation Home!
One lucky winner of the competition will be invited to attend a Q&A with Jon Favreau, which will take place in a private Audi personal space within Home. The event date and time will be confirmed soon, however is expected to be on the weekend beginning 23rd of April. You’ll also be bumping virtual shoulders with a selection of hand picked international journalists from online film and game sites.
Full competition details will be available soon by accessing the terminals in the Audi Home Terminal, so keep your eyes open!
Update on IRON MAN 2 Q&A from SCEE PlayStation Blog [4.22.10]:
Sadly, we have become the latest casualty of the ash plume from last week’s volcanic eruption in Iceland.
Due to circumstances beyond its control and the ongoing flight restrictions, Paramount Pictures International was earlier this week forced to cancel the London junket and world premiere of Iron Man 2 this weekend. Unfortunately this means Jon Favreau will not be able to pop into PlayStation Home for our previously announced Q&A session.
Do not be disheartened though, we have a VERY special Iron Man 2 related announcement next week.
In the meantime, head over to Home Cinema where we have three screens dedicated to Iron Man 2 content and check out the updated mini-quiz in the Audi Space – answer correctly and you can grab a free limited edition Iron Man t-shirt!
Official machinima promo commissioned by Paramount Pictures International and The Picture Production Company to show the IRON MAN Second Life® avatar in action.
Machinima directed and produced by Annie Ok
Iron Man brought to Second Life® by The Picture Production Company in collaboration with V3 Group
Iron Man avatar in Second Life® by Jonny Dusk
Iron Man movie footage courtesy of Marvel Entertainment, Inc
Iron Man, the Movie © 2008 MVL Film Finance LLC. Marvel, Iron Man, all character names and their distinctive likenesses: TM & © 2008 Marvel Entertainment, Inc. and its subsidiaries. All Rights Reserved.
Second Life® is a trademark of Linden Research, Inc®. Iron Man is not affiliated with or sponsored by Linden Research®.