Announcing I am IRON MAN 2: Augmented Reality Experience. This innovative application not only utilizes facial tracking for markerless AR but also incorporates gesture recognition, enabling you to control elements of the user interface by moving your hand in front of your webcam.
From PPC Interactive:
For this year’s early summer blockbuster, ‘IRON MAN 2’ we have delivered an Augmented Reality campaign allowing users to see themselves wearing the Iron Man and War Machine masks. We delivered a similar campaign for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen but took this opportunity to really extend the technology.
As a result IAmIronMan2.com also allows users to see the HUD view that Tony has when he is Iron Man plus have a conversation with Jarvis using quotes from the movie.
But most importantly, as we live in an embeddable, shareable world, we wanted to make sure user could easily record and share themselves as Iron Man so we integrated the tech to ensure the whole experience can now be recorded and saved to social networks or to their own computer.
Watch the video above, or visit IAmIronMan2.com to try it for yourself.
- Marvel: “Iron Man 2: Get Inside Iron Man’s Head!”
- Mashable: “Augmented Reality Lets You Become “Iron Man””
- Gizmodo: “Be Iron Man (In Your Computer Monitor)”
- Times Online: “Exclusive clip: Iron Man 2”
- Geekosystem: “Iron Man Augmented Reality App: Come for the Helmet, Stay for the HUD”
- Tech Digest: “Try on Iron Man’s helmet with new augmented reality app”
- Ubergizmo: “Turn Yourself Into Iron Man Via Augmented Reality”
- Geeky Gadgets: “Turn Yourself Into Iron Man With This Augmented Reality App”
- VizWorld.com: “Iron Man 2 Augmented Reality Experience”
- Rama’s Screen: “Get inside the head of IRON MAN: Augmented Reality App”
- The Movie Bit: “Iron Man 2 A.Reality”
- Fashionably Geek: “Suit Up As Iron Man…Virtually”
- Multiversity Comics: “Get Inside The Head Of Iron Man”
- TOYSREVIL: “Get Inside The Head of Iron Man with *I Am Iron Man 2* (Augmented Reality App)”
- Screen Rant: “Final ‘Iron Man 2′ Viral Site & Interactive Webcam Game”
- Augmented Planet: “I Am Iron Man – AR Demo”
- Bleeding Cool: “The Iron Man Augmented Reality Unit Launched”
- GeekTyrant: “New IRON MAN 2 Featurette Focuses on Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow and More IM2 Goodies”
- Pocket-lint: “Augmented reality visor revealed by Tony Stark”
- MovieViral: “Iron Man 2 Tidbits: Viral Video Could Become Trailer, Rochester Castle Projection, & Augmented Reality App”
- ComicsAlliance: “You am Iron Man With the ‘Iron Man 2: Augmented Reality Experience'”
- Digital Buzz Blog: “Iron Man 2: Augmented Reality App”
- Whiteboard Journal: “Augment your reality with Iron Man 2”
- Comic Vine: “IRON MAN 2 Apps and Virals Galore!”
- The Awesomer: “Iron Man 2 Augmented Reality”
As part of Stark Expo 2010, announcements were made by three subsidiaries of Stark Industries: AccuTech, Cordco, and Fujikawa.
ACCUTECH: A SUBSIDIARY OF STARK INDUSTRIES UNVEILS PROTOTYPE ‘HAZTECH’ ARM – FULL EXOSKELETON TO DEBUT AT STARK EXPO 2010 –
AccuTech: a subsidiary of Stark Industries has today given us a glimpse of the latest breakthrough in anthropo-robotics – the ‘HazTech Exoskeleton’.
Using revolutionary hyper-sensors and nano-hydraulic technology, the exoskeleton is able to detect and amplify body movement. Covering over 80% of the human body, it also protects its wearer from high impact and extreme temperatures.
In a video released today at www.starkexpo2010.com/accutech a prototype arm is shown in action, with the full exoskeleton due to be unveiled next month at the hotly anticipated Stark Expo 2010.
Charles Healey, CEO commented: “Putting aside the obvious commercial applications of HazTech, our priority is to unlock its humanitarian potential. By better protecting the lives of peacekeepers and emergency rescue teams, we can help them save the lives of others.”
Cordco demonstrated their most recent development: the Sonic Fire Extinguisher.
Fujikawa revealed their wearable augmented reality technology: Stark HUD 2020.
w00t! WE ARE AUTOBOTS, the augmented reality project I worked on with Picture Production Company for the TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN campaign, won “Best Web Based Augmented Reality” in Augmented Planet Readers Choice Awards 2009.
From Augmented Planet:
Readers Choice Awards 2009
Announcing the 2009 Winners!
The first annual Augmented Planet Readers Choice awards are over and congratulations to all of the nominees and the winners. We asked you, the reader, to vote for your favourite example of augmented reality in 2009.
Best web based augmented reality demo
- Winner – Total Immersion / PPC and the “We Are AutoBots” demo created for the Transformers movie
Thanks to Augmented Planet for holding these awards and to all their readers that voted for our project. Congratulation to Dan Light and the talented team at PPC for winning this special recognition for their hard work and innovation.
G.I. JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA special edition two-disc DVD and Blu-ray packages features augmented reality technology that allows owners to participate in an exclusive 3D holographic G.I. Joe combat experience, utilizing their webcams and a special website.
Fans are able to choose between Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, two of the most popular G.I. Joe and COBRA characters, and battle against their enemies one-on-one in an immersive 3D video game.
Agency: Picture Production Company
Client: Paramount Pictures International
Announcing WE ARE AUTOBOTS – Transformers Augmented Reality.
From the official press release:
To promote the international release of TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN, Paramount Pictures International (PPI) is making ground-breaking use of augmented reality (AR) and face tracking technology to give Transformers fans the opportunity to picture themselves with the original 3D CGI head of legendary Autobot leader Optimus Prime.
Visitors to ‘We Are Autobots’ (http://www.weareautobots.com) can also find a hidden message from Bumblebee featuring an exclusive montage of Decepticon footage from the new movie. TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN is released in the UK and Ireland on June 19th and internationally on June 24th 2009.
‘We Are Autobots’ has been developed using the original 3D models of Optimus Prime and Bumblebee that appear in the film. It was developed for PPI by creative marketing agency Picture Production Company (PPC), working in conjunction with augmented reality specialists Total Immersion.
- /Film: “Paramount Launches Augmented Reality Website To Promote Transformers 2”
- Gizmodo: “You Too Can Wear the Head of Optimus Prime (in Augmented Reality, Of Course)”
- TheTransformers.net: “We Are Autobots.com launched to promote Transformers 2”
- FirstShowing.net: “Check This Out: Transformers 2 Augmented Reality Promo”
- Creativity Online: “Augmented Reality in Mobile and Gaming”
- Creativity Online: “Transformers: We Are Autobots”
- New Media Age: “Paramount runs major marketing campaign across digital platforms for Transformers”
- CNET Asia: “Augment your reality and be a Transformer”
- Idea IS the format: “Autobots? We are, for now at least”
- I Watch Stuff: “Finally, You Can Have Optimus Prime’s Head on Your Body”
- JasonTheodor.com : “Get Primed: Transform Yourself Into Optimus”
- Digital Buzz Blog: “Transformers Launches Augmented Reality App”
- Games Alfresco: “Transform to Optimus Prime”
- Toxel.com: “Transformers Augmented Reality”