On April 20th, STAR TREK director JJ Abrams and stars Chris Pine (“Kirk”) and Zachary Quinto (“Spock”) visited Sony PlayStation® Home for an exclusive Q&A with select press and bloggers from around the world. The event was broadcast live via Ustream with interactive chat via CoveritLive at www.startrekfankit.com/playstationhome.
Announcing the launch of The New Frontiersman. ≠)
thenewfrontiersman.net has opened this morning. The images will be the first of a series of content exclusives to be released through the site, including correspondence, military documents, newspaper and magazine articles, photographs and video reports, bringing the wider world of WATCHMEN to life for as broad an audience as possible.
All the content will be served through dedicated Flickr and YouTube accounts, available to follow as a single RSS feed generated by Friendfeed. Fans can also follow The New Frontiersman on Twitter to get the drop on the latest media the instant they go live.
There will also be a few other hidden treats to be discovered through The New Frontiersman site itself, which will be updated and developed all the way up to the release.
- Idea IS the format: “Better Blue Than Red” (Thanks Dan!)
- Derek Lerner: “WATCHMEN interactive multimedia campaign across social networks” (Thanks Derek!)
- New York Magazine: “Who’s Flickring the Watchmen? – The New Frontiersman”
- Wired: “Watchmen Marketing Goes Viral With New Frontiersman”
- VentureBeat: “Who watches the Watchmen: Twitter, FriendFeed, and Flickr”
- NewTeeVee: “Watchmen Viral Short a Message to Comics Fans”
- Pressbox: “The New Watchmen Trailer Campaign”
- MTV: “New ‘Watchmen’ Website Launches With ‘The New Frontiersman,’ Rorschach’s Preferred News Source”
- Cinematical: “‘Watchmen’ Update: Trial, New Images and Viral Sites”
- FirstShowing: “Watchmen Updates Galore – New Photos, Viral Site, and More!”
- MTV: “New ‘Watchmen’ Photos Debut: The Comedian, Silk Spectre & Nite Owl”
- Total Film: “Brand new Watchmen pictures released”
- Metro: “New Watchmen viral debuts online”
- Ain’t It Cool News: “NBS Nightly News Presents A Special Report on the 10th Anniversary of the Birth Of Dr Manhattan!!!”
- Aceshowbiz: “Mothman and Doomsday Clock Exposed in New ‘Watchmen’ Pics”
- Screen Rant: “Watchmen Goes Viral”
- io9: “Crime Scenes From Watchmen’s Costumed Adventurers”
- Wired: “Watchmen Movie: Doc Manhattan is a Camera Nerd”
- SCI FI Wire: “Secrets of Watchmen’s Dr. Manhattan revealed in newly discovered video”
- Cinematical: “New ‘Watchmen’ Video: Ten Years With Doc Manhattan”
- AdWeek: “Watching the ‘Watchmen’ viral ad campaign”
- GeekTyrant: “Vinatage Watchmen Photo’s and Video from The New Frontiersman”
- SF Signal: “Better Blue Than Red, 10 years of Dr. Manhattan”
- Comic Vine: “New Watchmen Site Has Some New Pics”
- ARGNet: “Who Watches the Watchmen?”
- CanMag: “Watchmen Viral Site Now Open”
- Angry Web: ““Watchmen” viral site “The New Frontiersman” is updated”
※ HAPPY HAPPY ※
Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs. Please feel free to share this image.
Welcome to all PlayStation® Home users. Please join to share PS3® Home related images/video.
via Playstation Home:
PlayStation Home is a 3D social gaming community that allows PLAYSTATION 3 users to meet, chat, plan, and launch into games together. You can create your own custom avatar, decorate your personal apartment, play mini-games, shop, watch videos, attend special events, and much more – it’s all part of PlayStation Home.
Watchmen is a 2009 film adaptation of Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons’ 1986 comic book limited series Watchmen. Directed by Zack Snyder, the film stars Patrick Wilson, Jackie Earle Haley, Malin Akerman, Billy Crudup, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Matthew Goode, Stephen McHattie and Carla Gugino. Set in 1985, the film follows a group of former vigilantes as war begins to break out between the United States and the Soviet Union.